Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Stay

After a brief visit home for Thanksgiving, I came back ready to tackle the job hunt and make a success of it here. Thankfully, I finally got a callback to set up a phone interview with an audio archiving studio up here. That is this week, and I'm hoping for the best. I would like to be able to stay, but if the job hunt is still unsuccessful by the end of January, then I will have to consider moving back to VA. It's crazy how the emotions flip flop so severely. All of November, I could think of nothing but how much I wanted to move back, but then the last two weeks, I've been incredibly happy and motivated here. One thing that has helped is with all my unemployment free time, I set up an art nook in my living room, and spend a lot of time drawing, painting, whatever I feel like doing each day. It's definitely helped take my mind off of how I'm doing nothing but filling out applications and waiting on phone calls. So far, one phone call for about 300 applications....I need this to go well. I will update after the interview.

No comments: