Thursday, April 16, 2009

Update

1) went to Vegas last week. That was tons of fun! Got some really cool stories, photos, and coined the phrase "This is how episodes of CSI start." I'll share stories and photos when I find time, which I don't have now that I'm working full-time at a job where I think anyone might go postal at any minute, and I can't even guarantee that it won't be me, and I consider myself normal.
But I guess it's the "normal" ones you have to keep an eye on.

2) My job: working full-time in NJ, as a typesetter/graphic designer for all of the local hospitals. I create all of those forms you fill out when you go to the doctor, booklets with pictures of festering wounds, and pamphlets such as, "Oops, You've Got Herpes! Now What?" I hate my life between the hours of 8a-5p. So basically, I'm saving up as much money as I can so that I can either visit Harrisonburg every other weekend, or just move back and do the blind job hunt over again. Compared to now, I think I would take food service/retail back in the Burg any day. But I'm still holding out for that Audio job to get back to me in the next month. I'm also seriously considering taking out a loan (if I can get one), and starting my own graphic design business, instead of freelancing. Then I could make my own schedule and it wouldn't matter where I lived, a few weeks here, a few there, lots of time for hockey, vegas, and the steelers. sigh, I just want to be happy. I'll start working on that dream on my birthday.

3) I'm spending my entire VA state refund on music. There's no station up here that even compares to WNRN, so I had to create my own version of WNRN on Pandora, and the result was me being introduced to way too much music that I must own NOW.

4) One of my cousins is getting married this weekend, while another one of my cousins just turned 2 days old!

5) it's dinner time.

No comments: