Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Star Gazer

>>Finally inspired to do something creative. Well, I guess it wasn't Philadelphia that inspired me to write the following. It was more of a product of my missing Harrisonburg.... oh yeah, and I've been reading a lot of Shakespeare.<<



The Star Gazer

If ever there be a time to believe in parallel lives it would be thus;
two souls traversing on separate compasses.
Would e'er our courses meet again?
Or are we meant for nothing more than perpetual distancing?
With only the moon above as our common legend.

Remember, love, that evening when we saw it rise and light the course for both to see?
But quickly hid when men with scopes and books said it's time it could not be?

Time, time... what is time when here lie two who never believed the cock to crow the truth.
Mine, Mine... singing much earlier than yours, if yours doth even signs of show.

Still each star doth whisper implications that someday
ours will again put himself and our path on display.
It's this revision I do hope
and this my burden to forever bear
Until my final bell doth toll
Or your belated foul doth crow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments; love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O, no, it is an ever-fixèd mark,
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wand'ring bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his heighth be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

Whit said...

I haven't read that one in a very long time... Willie and I seem to be on the same page with our ideals of love and time... but then again, it was Shakespeare that I blame for my fantastical romantic notions of love and soul mates, etc...